Personal Injury Verdicts & Settlements
The verdicts and settlements mentioned on our Web site are a small sampling of our successes. These settlements and verdicts should not be used for comparison to your case or to any other case. Every case must be evaluated on its own merits and nothing on this Web site should be construed as a representation or suggestion that your case will produce a settlement or verdict in any amount or that your case will produce the type of success that our firm has achieved in other reported cases.
Drug and Medical Device Liability Verdicts & Settlements
The FDA does not have the authority to force pharmaceutical companies to initiate a recall, leaving many victims of drug side effects unaware of the potential dangers of the drugs they are taking until it is too late. Our lawyers are dedicated to helping these victims understand their rights and recover compensation for damages done to their emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Paxil Birth Defect Litigation – settlements exceeding $10,000,000
- Fenphen Litigation – settlements exceeding $10,000,000
- Ortho Evra Litigation – settlements exceeding $4,250,000
Back to top
Truck Accident Verdicts & Settlements
Statistics show that 10% of accidents sustained in a truck accident result in the death of the victim. As a member of APITLAmerica, McIntyre Law is dedicated to promoting safe truck driving practices and helping those that have been injured in a truck accident.
- $3,000,000 settlement resulting from a fatal semi-truck accident case.
- $4,250,000 settlement following a fatal crash caused by a tractor trailer operator pulling a trailer that was unfit for use on a highway. We advised the client, who lost his wife in the accident, to turn down pre-trial offers of $400,000 and $700,000. The jury eventually ordered the company to pay $3,000,000 in damages and the company offered an additional $1,250,000 as the jury was considering punitive damages.
- Trucking accident involving a speeding truck driver who crashed into a car of teenagers. $2,000,000 settlement.
- Trucking accident caused by a negligent truck driver with claims that the truck driver falsified his hours of service (log books), was fatigued, and failed to devote his full time and attention to the roadway. The accident caused severe vertebra and spine damage that resulted in client having two surgeries. $1,000,000 settlement.
- Semi crash caused by a negligent commercial driver who illegally turned into oncoming traffic. The trucking accident resulted in severe leg and ankle fractures to the client. The client underwent multiple surgeries and was permanently disabled as a result. $850,000 settlement.
- Client was a driver of a commercial motor vehicle who was struck by a semi tractor trailer. He sustained injuries to his back that eventually required surgical fusion. Defendants denied they were at fault for the collision and that the client’s injuries were not the result of the collision. Defendants initially tried to resolve the claim for less than $200,000.00 After numerous depositions and motions before the court the case resolved for $500,000.00.
- Driver of a tow truck was side swiped by a semi-tractor trailer out of Texas on Interstate 35. Both drivers alleged that the other driver had entered his lane of traffic. McIntyre Law immediately hired an accident reconstruction expert who determined that the evidence demonstrated that the tractor trailer driver had entered our client’s lane of traffic by 2 feet. McIntyre Law filed suit. Our client sustained back injuries that required minor surgical intervention. The case was mediated and a settlement offer of $250,000.00 was made. Defendants alleged that the settlement offer represented the highest number they would pay. McIntyre Law recommended our client not agree to the settlement offer. The case was litigated with McIntyre Law demonstrating to the Court that the Defendants’ accident reconstructionist’s opinions were not scientifically based. The case resolved for a high six figure amount.
- Trucking collision in construction zone where clients sustained soft tissue injuries and 2 broken ribs. Settled for $175,000.
- Trucking accident where a tractor trailer driven by the Defendant rear-ended our client’s tractor trailer. Client sustained injuries to his back and shoulder which were treated via physical therapy. Case settled at mediation $170,000.
- Driver of a tractor trailer was driving during snowy and icy conditions on an Oklahoma Interstate. The CDL licensed driver failed to see that traffic had slowed in front of him and hit the rear end of McIntyre Law’s client’s automobile. The driver of the semi alleged that a car that had lost control in front of our client had caused the traffic to suddenly slow thus he was not responsible. He further alleged that the accident was unavoidable. The case was litigated wherein it was discovered that the driver’s daily logs did not match the tax records of the trucking company. It also showed that he had a history of speeding and on the day of the collision had an average speed in excess of 70 mph. The case was hotly litigated. The case was mediated where the highest offer was $125,000.00. McIntyre Law recommended our client walk away from the settlement table and prepare for trial. The client agreed. McIntyre Law filed a Motion for Summary Judgment on Defendants’ claims that the accident was unavoidable. After the filing of that Motion the case resolved. The case resolved for a high six figure amount.
- Client was a driver on the interstate when she was rear ended by a semi tractor trailer. Client underwent a cervical disc fusion. Defendants initially refused to pay any monies as they disputed who was at fault. The case went to the brink of trial when it settled for a high six figure amount.
Back to top
Oil Field Injuries
McIntyre Law is proud of our work within the practice of Oil Field Injuries. These oil field injury verdicts and settlements are just a few examples of the success we’ve had helping our clients receive proper compensation for their injuries.
- Settled an oil field case from an oil rig explosion for $5,000,000.
- Oil Field accident involving a commercial truck. The accident occurred as the commercial truck drove into the path of an oncoming automobile. McIntyre Law’s client sustained serious injuries to his hip and lower extremities. He was unable to work for over a year. The case was hotly disputed as the Defendant claimed he was faced with a sudden emergency. Litigation ensued and it was discovered that the driver of the commercial truck was not qualified, was over the daily limit for his hours of service and had other distractions inside the cab of the truck. Plaintiff filed a Motion for Spoliation of Evidence wherein it was alleged the company had “lost” the alcohol and drug test screenings performed on the driver. After approximately 15 depositions and on the brink of trial Defendants’ made an offer to resolve the case. The settlement exceeded $3,000,000.00.
- A minor child was struck by an oil field services commercial truck while playing next to the road. The impact caused severe injuries to the minor child’s leg. The insurance company for the owner of the oil field service truck initially laughed when informed the family had hired a lawyer. They alleged that they would never pay a dime as their contention was the child walked out in front of the commercial driver. To determine if the case was meritorious, McIntyre Law hired a respected accident reconstruction and human factors expert. We then went about renting and purchasing clones of the vehicles that were involved in the accident. After depositions we placed replicas of the children, commercial driver and other witnesses at the scene to recreate the events of that day. What was demonstrated was that the driver of the commercial truck’s testimony did not conform to the facts of the case. The expert demonstrated through a reenactment that driver had ample opportunities to see the child next to the road. Even though the driver of the commercial vehicle was required to slow down and move off the edge of the road he did not thus causing the accident. The case was settled for a confidential amount that will provide for the child’s care and treatment for his injuries and also compensated the parents for income and allowed them to make improvements to their home to help meet the child’s needs.
Back to top
Car Accident Verdicts & Settlements
McIntyre Law is proud of the work our lawyers and staff have done to help all clients, especially those who have been victims of the negligence of another in a car accident. These car accident verdicts and settlements are just a few examples of the success we’ve had helping our clients receive proper compensation for their car accident injuries.
- Client sustained catastrophic injures in a head on collision by a driver of a commercial motor vehicle. Defendant’s rejected an initial attempt to resolve for one million dollars prior to filing a lawsuit. McIntyre Law commenced litigation and after depositions of the at fault person was able to recover almost $3,000,000.00 on behalf of the injured client.
- Single car rollover accident where client was a passenger and ejected from the automobile. Client sustained multiple traumas and was in a coma for 2 weeks. Client made claim under owners uninsured motorist policy. Case settled for $1,000,000.
- Automobile/pedestrian accident involving a drunk driver in the parking lot of a local bar. Settled for $630,000.
- Car accident involving drunk driver and head-on collision. Parties sustained multiple breaks and fractures of legs, arms and some internal bruising. Settled for $500,000.
- Automobile accident involving fatality with difficult liability issues. Case turned down by another firm before client came to us. Settled for $450,000.
- Car wreck involving drunk driver and roll-over accident. Party sustained neck and back injuries which required a fusion of the C5-C6 vertebrae. Settled for $450,000.
- Clients were passengers in a car that was T-boned by another driver who ran a red light. The driver was underinsured and claims were made against his policy by our clients and an additional driver. Claims were also made by all parties against the underinsured motorist policy of the vehicle our clients were riding in. McIntyre Law was able to recoup over 90% of the insurance proceeds for our clients totaling over $150,000.
- Client as passenger hit by driver in a road rage car accident. Client sustained head injury that resolved and soft tissue injuries. Settled for $116,500.
- Car/pedestrian accident where client was ran over by a car in a convenience store parking lot. Client sustained a broken leg and other injuries. Settled for policy limits of $75,000.
- Client was injured in an automobile accident where he spent over a week in the hospital and incurred over $400,000 in medical bills. The at-fault driver had a state minimum insurance policy of $25,000. Client was informed by his insurance company that his uninsured motorist coverage was limited to $25,000.00. After review of his policy an argument was made that Client had stackable uninsured motorist coverage that equaled $75,000. Insurance company eventually agreed to tender the $75,000.00 in uninsured motorist coverage to the Client.
- Clients were the driver and passenger of an automobile proceeding on the interstate. A young driver made a lane change unsafely and at an excessive speed crashing into them. Clients had soft tissue damages and medical bills that totaled approximately $11,342. Defendant never even offered to pay client’s medical bills. Case went to trial with a jury verdict of $75,000.
- Car accident where passenger sustained a broken nose and scarring to his face. Settled for policy limits of $50,000.
- Client was a driver when she was T-boned by another driver who did not stop at a stop sign. Client had soft tissue injuries including whiplash. Client’s medical bills were approximately $11,000. Defendant never offered to pay medical bills. Case went to trial with a jury verdict of $30,511.
- Car wreck involving a client who sustained soft tissue injuries to their neck and back. Case was litigated and tried to a jury. The jury returned a verdict in favor of our client for $30,511.55. Highest offer prior to jury trial had been $7,000.
Back to top
Motorcycle Collisions Verdicts & Settlements
Motorcycle accident victims are subject to various injuries as a result of a crash, including head trauma, disability, spinal trauma, and mental anguish. The lawyers and staff at McIntyre Law do their part for these victims by helping them recover compensation for their injuries or by aiding families who have lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash.
- Motorcycle accident with broken wrist, hip and leg. Insurance company initially denied coverage. Settled for $500,000.
- Motorcycle accident where husband and wife were struck by an inattentive driver. Husband sustained a sacral fracture and soft tissue injuries. Wife sustained rib fractures and broken finger. Settled for $275,000.
- Motorcycle accident with uninsured motorist resulting in an elbow injury. Settled for $50,000.
- Motorcycle accident where passenger sustained broken wrist. Settled for $50,000.
- Motorcycle accident resulting in broken wrist. Settled for $50,000.
Back to top
Dog Bite Injuries Verdicts & Settlements
Oklahoma applies “strict liability” for dog attacks and injuries, meaning that there is no need to prove fault in the case of a dog attack. Repairing and recovering from a dog bite can be a painful and expensive process for victims and their families. McIntyre Law has helped victims of dog bites receive the compensation they deserve to cover costly medical bills and treatments needed after a dog bite.
- $15,000,000 judgment for a dog attack lawsuit. When a local Oklahoma City man was visiting his friend, he was attacked by five pit bull mixes from a neighboring house and lost his life from the injuries. The dogs were owned by an undocumented immigrant from Mexico, which complicated the case. The defendant pleaded guilty to second-degree manslaughter, served one year in a U.S. prison, and was deported back to Mexico. He had no assets to claim, but the court still awarded a $15 million judgment for the deceased’s family.
- Dog bite case awarded a $60,000 verdict.
- Dog bite injury with scarring to the arm and medical bills in excess of $20,000.00. Settled for $110,000.
- Dog attack injury with minor scarring to the face and medical bills in excess of $5,000. Settled for $60,000.
- Dog bite on the calf of a client whom was walking in the park. Client sustained over $2000.00 in medical bills. Settled for $20,000.
Back to top
Medical Malpractice or Negligence Verdicts & Settlements
Medical malpractice is defined by an act or omission by a health care provider in which care provided deviates from accepted standards of practice in the medical community and causes injury or wrongful death to the patient. The lawyers at McIntyre Law have successfully handled cases where patients or families of victims of negligence sought compensation for their injuries.
- Failure to properly treat patient with neck injury, resulting in permanent disability. Settled for $1,500,000.
- Wrongful death medical malpractice action involving failure to perform a surgery properly and failure to render appropriate cardiovascular care. Case settled for $1,250,000.
- Medical negligence during gastric surgery and negligent credentialing by hospital, resulting in death of adult male. Settled for $1,250,000.
- Settled a brain injury case for a confidential amount in excess of $1,000,000 prior to litigation.
- Failure to diagnose and treat brain aneurysm in single father. Wrongful death. Settled for $950,000.
- Settled a medical malpractice case involving amputation of a leg for $400,000 with no depositions taken.
- Failure to diagnose bacterial meningitis in elderly gentlemen after a back surgery. Wrongful death. $350,000 settlement.
Back to top
Nursing Home Neglect Verdicts & Settlements
Our elderly population is one of the most at risk groups for mistreatment and negligence. McIntyre Law’s experience working with families and victims of nursing home neglect has led to our practice recovering millions of dollars for our clients. The nursing home abuse attorneys at McIntyre Law were among the first to aggressively seek protection for elderly people in Oklahoma.
- Failure to properly treat wounds and neglect in allowing pressure sores to develop on elderly resident. $1,500,000 settlement.
- Nursing home neglect in allowing the development of pressure sores on elderly resident. $1,350,000 settlement during trial.
- Neglect in allowing the development of pressure sores on elderly resident. Wrongful death settlement of $600,000
- Fall in nursing home, resulting in hip fracture, and neglect in allowing the development of pressure sores in elderly resident. $700,000 settlement.
- Fall in nursing home, resulting in broken neck and death. $375,000 settlement.
- Settled a nursing home case involving failure to obtain emergency medical care for $290,000 with no depositions taken.
- Fall in nursing home resulting in fractured hip and unexplained bruising on elderly resident. $200,000 settlement.
Back to top
Products Liability and Other Verdicts & Settlements
Victims of injuries as a result of using a defective or dangerous product deserve to know their rights and recover compensation for damages. The lawyers and staff at McIntyre Law have helped victims injured by vaginal mesh, defective hip and knee replacements, and other defective products.
- A swimming pool paralysis case resulted in a $1,500,000 million settlement.
- Negligence on a work site by an impaired contractor led our client to sustain severe and catastrophic injuries. McIntyre Law immediately filed a lawsuit and was able to obtain numerous damaging documents about the incident and company involved. After rebuffing several settlement attempts, McIntyre Law agreed to mediation. After almost 8 hours the case was resolved for almost $4,000,000.00 that will enable the client to fully recover from his injuries and provide him and his family with a very comfortable future.
- Defect in conveyor belt, resulting in catastrophic injury to employee’s leg and nerves. $950,000 settlement.
- Failure of construction company to implement appropriate traffic control at construction site, resulting in death of single mother. $875,000 settlement.
- Contractual/business dispute between shareholders. Settled for $240,000.
- Slip and fall accident at grocery store. Client fell when she slipped on a clear liquid resulting in spinal fusion surgery. Settled for $300,000.
- Personal injury sustained by residence invitee who was negligent harmed resulting in loss eye. Settled for $350,000.
- Common law negligence claim against county sheriff office regarding wrongful death to detained person. Defendant never made an offer of settlement. Verdict of $125,000, the maximum governmental tort claims limit.
Back to top